Monday, February 14

fashion westie vs ?....

Well...it seems the winds of change are in the air and it's not just because some juvenile boyfriend [cough-cough, Big R] thought dropping a fart bomb and exclaiming "Howzat for 'winds of change'?" while I'm typing, would be funny. Such a child. We are about to embark on a new stage in our lives where we're responsible for moulding a little person and he still thinks farts are funny. Wait, so do I...our kids in trouble.....

But back to these winds of change, the serious ones. My second piece of news-drum roll-we are moving back to the North Shore!
YEEEEEAAAAHHHHH----BOOOOOYYYYYEEEEEEE! [Honestly, out loud Flava Flav styles is the only acceptable form of exclamation here.]

Bye bye West Auckland, hello Albany. 14 days. Not that I'm counting....who am I kidding? OF COURSE I'M COUNTING!

However. There IS a down side. My blog is fashion westie, not fashion shorechick. Hmmm...some logistical and factual issues to be sorted here....

BUGGER.

Felt a little Amish and it seemed inappropriate to colour my face. Unless....Do they have 'professional bedfellows' within the Amish community? Amish + pro = bad taste.

Anyway, took a punt on mixing a few current trends together and wasn't disgusted with the outcome.
-the voluminous look [which kind of suited the fact that my tummy is the pooch of all pooches and is a little Mad Men in the fullness]
-the midi length [which was not as old ladyish as I thought. Hiking the maxi skirt up under the chesticles gives the perfect midi length AND creates that sense of volume]
-the unexpected layering [the cut of the alexander wang shirt helps create a surprise element to standard layering with the cut-away hem. Baby steps in the layering department too people- it's still searing hot summer here! Otherwise, there would have been a cropped knit chucked on top]
































[wearing: alexander wang shirt, linen maxi skirt worn as midi via trade me, cotton on bag and socks, clog sandals via trade me.]

So, I'm now in the midst....LIES....I'm now going to knuckle down and think through this blog issue of fashion westie vs fashion       ? shore chick? shorie? And the link implications....ow, my brain hurts.

Suggestions?

21 comments:

  1. Well I'm all for you bringing your awesomeness and style to the Shore (I'm in Northcote). I suppose I always think of 'Westie' as being an attitude, more than a geographical location (though it is both). So I think if you consider yourself a westie stick with it!

    Good luck with your move x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit is amazing! I really like it :D The white shirt especially
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Evie...I do think of myself as a Westie, but I look SO out of place here. I guess I missed the memo about mandatory leopard and boobs on bikes look :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look. It's conservative in a sassy way. Thanks for sharing and drop by me too, soon.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this look. that top is F-ing awesome

    Come check out my give-away!!!

    xoxo Monroe

    Fashion Steele NYC

    ReplyDelete
  6. heheh very exciting! love love love the shirt open over that massive maxi. amzingness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this outfit it's really great! I'm now following you and if you like my blog please do follow me back!

    Keep in touch // Swedish Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Tweeted you something similar, but keep Fashion Westie! I love the name (super jels). I don't think it matters where you live at all & like they say westie is a way of life... haha!

    ps I live on the shore in Milford :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog. Now following. Hope you'll follow me back.

    Check out my blog if you've got time and feel like it. It would mean a lot. I've just started.

    Karoline Kalvo

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the blog! and the post!!

    xxxo
    thatgirlkip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm loving the midi-length skirt and those shoes are just fantastic. good luck with moving!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That blouse is ridiculously SICK. I love it. Happy V-Day loves!

    I Live For It

    Xx. Jewls and Liza

    ReplyDelete
  13. no words!
    your outfits are sooo incredible!
    love your blog!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful outfit

    xoxo,
    welcometodeutschland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha, thanks for comment!
    pretty bag!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow girl, your style is fucken amazing
    dig it alot!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow! everything's amazing! pics, shoes, bag, you :D

    btw there is a Modekungen giveaway on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS LOOK!! IM GOING TO BE A COOK KID FOLLOWER NOW!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you gotta say.