Thursday, June 12

WORN | City Shorts + Cocoon Coat

Winter is here on the reg - as to be expected in the Southern Hemisphere - and it's time to store away those One Teaspoon cut offs y'all have and progress to something with thigh coverage. 

Don't be denied the glory of shorts in winter - #justaddcityshorts to your mix. With that longer hemline and awkwardly school uniform connotation, you can't go wrong. 

Well...that's clearly a lie...you can go heinously wrong but wear them with conviction and no-one will be the wiser.

Shoe choice will be a deciding factor in just how 'school-y' you appear. If you're a ladylike minimalism loving chica, opt for those pointed courts I know you all have or if you're anti-fit like me anything chunky, platformy, ugly sandal-y, doc marten-y or sneaker-y of your choice should suffice #justaddsocks

The shorts and shoes alone will not keep you warm - your top half is naked and you may be arrested for indecent exposure so throw on a turtleneck and/or chunky knit and a cocoon-esque coat.

Now you look like you have a clue. Congratulations.

FYI - what you can't see in these images is the waistline on these shorts....up in my armpits, just the way I like it. 
This look may contain goosebumps. I probably should have airbrushed the shit out of my images but this is a #reallifesituation. It is what it is.

wearing: ASOS coat and shoes, boohoo.com shorts and top, Le Specs eyewear and my son's school socks.


cDg pouch and Marc by Marc Jacobs cuff







6 comments:

  1. nailed it! I'm totally pinning this.

    p.s. about those pointed courts, #dontevengetmestarted #fuckingclones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm more often than not in sneakers or other belle laide classification footwear...

      Delete
  2. Those shoes are fucking rad. I know I have a pair of city shorts somewhere in my draws, gonna dig them out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- I got them on sale from ASOS and was a bit weary they were too...naughty nurse but they've been quite the versatile number.

      Delete

Say what you gotta say.